Here at PMA, we’re very much a family, both within the team and with our clients as well. So as we get ready for the holidays, we want to respect the family time that our team enjoys and works so hard for, but are the holidays necessarily a time to take off?
Depending on what industry you’re in, it may not be. If you work with those struggling with grief, addiction or anxiety – the holidays can very much be a trigger, and my guess is, you’re still on-call.
As a team, we’re very careful about reaching out over the holidays (and for that matter, we hold off sending emails on evening and weekends year round), but its OK if you still feel the need to work over the holidays, because it’s the perfect time to:
- Review your year, what were your successes? What could you do differently?
- The holiday season is a great time to create a vision board for 2019, what do you want your focus to be?
- Refresh your workspace!
- Write personal letters – not emails, actual handwritten notes – to your clients thanking them for their business over the past year.
- Work on your social media content calendar for 2019
- Read a book that motivates you! Maybe it’s business related, or personal growth, whatever excites you, do it!
But most of all, take this time to be thankful, to your family for supporting you, your friends for always being by your side, your clients and your team. I want to take this time to thank my team for all that they do to support our clients year round, without them, PMA wouldn’t be what it is today, and their dedication to each other and our clients do not go unnoticed. It has been my focus over the past year to continue to encourage the team to explore their passions and do the work that excites them. When we work within our passions, true magic happens (take this message, designed by PMA Rockstar Crystal Picard, she always produces such beautiful pieces. Show your love and follow her on Instagram!).
As the holiday season is upon us, we find ourselves reflecting on the past year and those who have helped to shape our business. It’s been quite a year for us all! We hope that 2018 has been just as memorable for you, your colleagues and your loved ones.
From the PMA family to yours, Happy Holidays!